Friday, April 7, 2017

April Showers

Pin It
Hi there.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  My post today uses the cute Bears Under Umbrella CF from our sponsor, Paper Crafting World.  Every once in a while, I like to make two cards to provide you with a comparison of techniques.  Here is a side by side comparison:




The card on the left converts the cut file to print only while the card on the right has all the cut pieces, shaded and glued into place.  There's a big difference; but if you're short on time, the left card still looks good to the eyes of the recipient.  Here's a closer look at each of them:

Print Only


Cut File


I've mentioned numerous times how I think sponging the edges of paper piecings makes a big difference.  I think you can appreciate the dimension it adds here.  As an added touch on the cut card, I coated the raindrops with Glossy Accents.  Here's a confession.  I didn't realize until just now I never drew mouths on the bears...but they're not telling anyone.

Inside the card, I flipped the image and had the two little bears floating in a puddle.  In this case, I used the print only option on both.




I made this card for a friend who is going through a difficult time right now.  I hope this will bring a smile to her face!

Before I leave you, I want to remind you about Connie's month challenge.  This month the theme is "Recycle".  You can make any project you wish with a reused or recycled item(s).



So go raid the trash can and join us.  One lucky winner, picked at random, will receive a great prize from Paper Crafting World.






To link up or for additional information, just click here.

Thanks for stopping by.  If you get the chance, please come visit me at Katydid Cards to say hello.



4 comments:

  1. Your cards are super adorable! Thank you for running the hop. I enjoy being in hops with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, both are wonderful ideas. I like how you can always come up with such wonderful cards. Love them. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling cards and wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets