Monday, March 20, 2017

Question Of The Week

Pin It

It's that time again!!
Remember.. I want you to answer the question
 in the comment section too!
AND
if you have a question to ask for an upcoming week add that in the comments too, if you ask a question and I use it you will win a prize!!

Here is today's question!!
-What is the farthest you have ever driven for a single scrapbook event, crop, getaway, etc.?

Shannon- I go to two retreats and one expo a year. The retreats and the expo are both 2 hours away. One is north and one is south so I get the best of both worlds.

 Kim- I don't "do" getaways and I've only been to one crop in all the years I've been crafting. The only event would be the Scrapbook Expo once a year about 45 minutes away. Guess you could say I'm not a well-traveled crafter.

Sue- When I lived in Michigan I was only about 15 - 20 miles from the place where they have the Great Lakes Mega Meet every year which I attended twice. I worked right down the street from the venue so the night I did the Round Robin of classes I worked most of the day then had a quick dinner and off to the event. I have never been to a crop (I always wonder why anyone would pack up all of ther stuff to haul elsewhere) and I don't think I have ever been close to any kind of giveaway.

Veronica- The farthest I have travelled is to Grapevine, close to Dallas, TX, to attend the Scrapbook expo. A friend of mine and I took the charter bus from a local scrapbooking store, 30min from San Antonio. It was a crazy trip. They leave at 5am and returns to the store close midnight... so much fun, with tons of giveaways during the trip and it included the entrance fees. We are repeating the experience April first, wit more friends. Really looking forward to it.  The roundtrip is close 500 miles...

Angela- Have never gone to a retreat/getaway or crop. I've been to 2 expos, one was 45 min and the other 1.5 hrs.

Marji- About 2 hours, I'm in Central Florida and a group of friends and I went to Tampa/St. Pete. for a great convention. I usually just go about an hour away to the Orlando show.

Connie- I have driven 3 hours to an event but I have flown through several states to get to one! I love attending crops and retreats!

Wow!! Connie and Veronica are the winners!! LOL!! That is commitment!! 
Got a question for us...don't be shy, ask us!!

Also don't forget to enter Connie's Monthly Challenge!!
Just click here!!

4 comments:

  1. The farthest I have driven to a crop was 2 1/2 hours from my house. That one has since moved closer to me which is about an hour away. The other two I go to is about 5 minutes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 hours for me. In central Orlando. Then, they moved it to Lakeland, Florida which is even further and that was just too far for a day trip.

    My question is: If you wanted to teach someone about paper crafting what are the 6 tools would you tell them are must haves? I would have said less but we all know we NEED at least 6. We WANT more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once each year at the end of September I attend a weekend crop with my bestie...who lives almost 2 hours away! The weekend crop is also a 2 hour trek for me, in a different direction, but so worth it. It's the only time during the year that we really see each other anymore...couple of day crops once in a blue moon in between our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drove down south of Olympia (I lived in Everett at the time). It was for the Copic Coloring series. I've never colored so much in my life. It was the most wonderful time! I would do it again in a heartbeat! This fall I do plan to fly home for a retreat I used to attend before I began slow travelling with my husband. I am not sure where I will be at that time, likely somewhere warm, in the Arizona area perhaps. I will fly to Bothell, Washington to the Hobby Hideaway! In fact I am missing the spring retreat this weekend as we are just starting our slow travel journey.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets